Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Onward Thru The Fog": Oat Willie's, Austin, TX

Oat Willie’s is a headshop at West 29th Street and Guadalupe that was founded by Norman “Doug” Brown in 1968. The name “Oat Willie” is from an Austin-based comic character. The famous Oat Willie’s motto (on numerous bumper stickers since the 1970s) is: “Onward Thru the Fog.”
 
Obviously my friend JD, "the walking counterculture encyclopedia" would know of (and insist on visiting) Oat Willie's.

 
In my defense, I agreed to meet him without first asking what he was going to wear.
 

This is the first of 2 "T-Shirts Of The Week" I acquired in Austin, and yet another addition to my ridiculous wardrobe.

Man, I need to start throwing some sh*t out...

2 comments:

  1. According to coal miners can make from $56,000-$104,000 a
    year. It also happens sometimes that your character will say something silly.
    Gold is a platinum widely adorned and also highly valued globally.


    Here is my web-site mining

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking for the onward thru the fog origin. thanx for posting. btw props to your honesty about yourself.

    from an old hippie chick. lol

    ReplyDelete